The Instructional Services Librarian works with faculty and students to develop experiences and tools to teach information literacy skills such as finding, using, and evaluating information.
- Customized research workshops
In your classroom, a computer lab, or the library
- Course related instruction
- Sessions about information sources and research strategies for a particular course or assignment.
- Usually 30-60 minutes
- Course integrated instruction
- Instructional service librarian collaborates with you to integrate research instruction into courses with a significant research component.
- Two or more sessions using a combination of lectures, learning activities, and group work in short sessions
- Course guides
15-20 minute "drive by" to introduce students to the library and resources appropriate to their course of study. Best for core classes.
Collections of course related resources, based on your syllabus.
- Online tutorials customized for your courses
Choose a format: Powerpoint, audio, video, web page, wiki, or blog...or a combination
We can link your students to course specific research instruction through your web site, your LMS site, or the library's web site.
Please contact the Cole Library to discuss instructional support services that you are interested in:
- E-mail at or
- Phone at 860-548-2490 or 800-433-4734 x2490
We look forward to working with you!