Students, Faculty and Staff
- Required: Rensselaer at Hartford identification card with barcode
- Loan period: 15 weeks
- Limit: 12 items
- Renewals: none
- Return books to Information Services Desk in library or to book drop outside North (cafeteria) entrance to building
- Books from general collection: no fines
- Reserve materials (including course video tapes): $2.00 per day per item
- Overdue items: items not returned within 10 days of due date are considered lost and borrowing privileges are lost; a replacement bill is generated one month after due date
- Recall from loan:
- Materials needed for course reserve may be recalled from loan at any time.
- Materials needed by someone else are recalled 28 days or later from date of original loan.
- Replacement costs are billed for recalled loans not returned within specified time period.
- Course Reserves
- Not on Our Hartford Campus? You may borrow books from the Cole Library if you attend classes off site.
Search Rensselaer Libraries'
Catalog. Contact the library by phone at (860) 548-2490 or (800) 433-4723 x2490
or by e-mail to
to request items you want to borrow.
Use our interlibrary loan service to request books, journal articles, and conference papers not available in our collection. We will send you the items you request.
- Alumni of Rensselaer at Hartford and Hartford Graduate Center are eligible.
- Please register at the library Information Services Desk. Call ahead if possible as we have to verify your graduation information.
- Loan period: 2 weeks
- Limit: 6 items
- Renewals: 2, on or before the due date, if no holds have been requested by other borrowers. Overdue books may not be renewed. Renew materials by telephone or in person.
- Alumni are subject to fees, and replacement bills issued for Cole Library materials. A bill for replacement is issued one month after the due date of a delinquent item.
Web-Based Services for Alumni
Alumni may use the library's subscription databases from within the library only. An Alumni or Guest Borrowing Card is required.
We invite alums to access the free resources on our web site, many of which are organized by topics -- like Company & Industry Research, Finance & Investment, and Industry Data Finders. Check ou the Research Help link in the left hand navigation bar.