Manager, Financial Services: Natalie A. Sutera
Supervisor, Student Accounts: Audrey C. Cardillo
Tuition and Fees
Beginning with the Fall 2012 term, tuition for advanced graduate studies programs is $1545 per credit hour. Registration is not complete until payment is received through any of the Payment Options outlined below. Tuition payment is due two weeks before classes begin (see specific Program Schedule). Tuition paid after this date will be subject to a late fee of $100 per course. Students will not be able to attend class until all financial obligations have been met.
No refunds will be issued for any courses dropped after the Drop Deadline for the specific Program.
There are no additional fees for registration, use of the library, computing facilities, Commencement, parking, or any other Rensselaer student service.
Academic credit, degrees, grade reports, diplomas, and transcripts will not be granted to students who have outstanding financial obligations to Rensselaer. In addition, students who have not satisfied their financial obligations will be unable to register for future terms. Should a student fail to pay any amounts due Rensselaer in accordance with the terms of the Catalog, Rensselaer may, at its option, increase the amounts due by any attorneys’ fees, collection agency fees, or any other costs or charges incurred in the collection process.
Payments can be made through the office of Student Services at the Hartford Campus. Normal business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. For the convenience of our students, payments are also accepted at the Reception Desk located on Level 3. Extended hours at the Reception Desk are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.. Other arrangements can also be made by contacting Student Accounts directly at (860) 548-2413.
- Checks, Money Orders, and Travelers Checks should be payable to Rensselaer. To expedite processing, please also include your RIN (Rensselaer Identification Number) and name on all forms of payment.
- Credit Card Payments. Rensselaer accepts Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. If you wish to pay all or a portion of your charges by credit card please log on to the Rensselaer Web site and pay online.
- Payment Plan. As an alternative to paying one lump sum at the beginning of the term, Rensselaer offers a monthly installment plan. This plan, called “Tuition Pay,” is coordinated with Academic Management Services (AMS). The plan permits tuition charges to be paid in four interest-free installments over the course of the current term. The only additional cost is an application fee of $35 per term. For more information on Tuition Pay through AMS, please contact Student Accounts, or AMS directly at (800) 635-0120 or visit their Web site at: www.tuitionpay.com.
- Direct Billing. Rensselaer currently has contracts with several local employers to direct bill the company for tuition charges incurred on behalf of certain qualified employees. If an employer authorizes direct billing by Rensselaer, the appropriate authorization form/letter, or purchase order must be submitted to Student Accounts at the time of registration. If you have questions as to whether or not your employer has such an arrangement with Rensselaer or the documentation required for such payments, please contact Student Accounts.
- Tuition Reimbursement. If an employer is supporting tuition costs by reimbursing an employee directly at the end of the term, this does not qualify a student for deferred payment. Students in this situation are considered to be self-paying, subject to the standard financial responsibilities and payment schedules described above.
Students who withdraw from a course without registering for another course prior to the Drop Deadline will receive a full tuition refund. All other withdrawals after the Drop Deadline will result in 100% forfeiture of tuition.