Control systems are critical components of modern high technology hardware. Proper operation of jet engines, materials processing equipment, and many other technology systems requires a fundamental understanding of the design and functioning of control systems.
Rensselaer offers a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Control Systems. The Certificate is designed to provide an understanding of the fundamentals and the applications of modern control systems technology. On completion, students will be qualified to analyze existing control systems and to solve real-life problems in control systems technology.
The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Control Systems is awarded on successful completion of four graduate level courses. Courses are available live and via distance delivery. Academic credit from all courses can then be applied towards a Master's degree.
Core Courses (6 credits):
- ECSE-4440 Control Systems Engineering
- ECSE-6400 Systems Analysis Techniques
Elective Courses (Any two, 6 credits)
- ECSE-4490 Fundamentals of Robotics
- ECSE-6420 Nonlinear Control Systems
- ECSE-6440 Optimal Control Theory
- ECSE-6460 Multivariable Control Systems
- MANE-6960 Sensors and Actuators in Mechatronics
- ECSE-6960 Special Topics in Electrical Engineering:Embedded Digital Control Systems
- ECSE-6480 Adaptive System
For specific questions about this program, please contact Professor Farooque Mesiya at: , or call (860) 548-5300.